The Milwaukee Catholic Home, a dynamic faith-based continuing care retirement community on Milwaukee’s East side, is seeking Registered Nurses & Licensed Practical Nurses to fill full-time and part-time positions, on all three shifts. Individual may also work with one of MCH’s collaborative partners under a shared service agreement at a Wauwatosa location on second shift. Requires valid state of Wisconsin RN/LPN license. Prior long-term care experience is preferred but we also consider new graduates.
Job Duties Include provide nursing care to residents utilizing the nursing process:
- Administer prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing techniques
- Prepare equipment and aide physician during treatments and examinations of residents.
- Observe residents & record significant conditions and reactions.
- Notify supervisor and/or physician, plus family/next-of-kin of resident’s condition, reaction to medication, treatments and significant incidents/changes.
- Take temperature, pulse, blood pressure, and other vital signs to detect deviations from normal to assess condition of resident.
- Participate in orientation and training of nursing assistants.
- May act as Charge Nurse by:
- Observing techniques and services rendered by nursing staff.
- Identifying problem areas such as absenteeism, etc.
- Preparing work schedule and assigning duties to nursing staff.
- Participates in weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly Patient Care Conferences, staff meetings, and Quality Assurance activities
Positions are eligible for insurance benefits such as health, dental, vision and life the first of the month following 60 days of employment. Additional benefits include vacation, sick, holiday, tuition reimbursement, and free employee meals. In addition, MCH contributes to retirement plan for employees after meeting match eligibility requirements.